Donald Trump slams CNN for ignoring his ‘takedown’ of Jim Acosta
But, no surprise, the experience left him disappointed.
“So funny! I just checked out Fake News CNN, for the first time in a long time (they are dying in the ratings), to see if they covered my takedown yesterday of Jim Acosta (actually a nice guy),” the president tweeted. “They didn’t! But they did say I already lost in my meeting with [Russian President Vladimir] Putin. Fake News.”
“Well, we’re a real network too, sir,” Mr. Acosta called out.
On Saturday, Mr. Acosta disputed the president’s characterization of their encounter at the press conference.
“Takedown? I don’t think so,” Mr. Acosta tweeted at the president. “Perhaps we should even the playing field next time and you can take my question. (You’re right about one thing.. I am a nice guy).”
The president chided the network and its president, Jeff Zucker, for bias.
“Remember, it was Little Jeff Z and his people, who are told exactly what to say, who said I could not win the election in that “there was no way to 270” (over & over again) in the Electoral College. I got 306!” Mr. Trump tweeted. “They were sooooo wrong in their election coverage. Still hurting!”
- Donald Trump calls CNN’s Jim Acosta ‘very unprofessional’
- White House suspends credentials for CNN correspondent Jim Acosta after heated exchange with Trump
- The Latest: Acosta case judge to announce decision Thursday
- White House suspends CNN’s Jim Acosta after confrontation with President Trump
- Jim Acosta video distributed by White House doctored, expert says